"I love Oglethorpe! It's like going to a museum, without going to a museum." - Zack (Student)
Thank you for your interest in The Piedmont School of Atlanta. The School takes pride in offering excellent programming that meets the needs of the children we serve. The information requested in the application process is critical to our evaluation of whether The Piedmont School of Atlanta can assist your child and family. Below, please find all of the forms that must be completed in order to begin the application review process for admission to the School.
Your application will be complete when we have received the following 8 items:
- Completed Application for Admission form(must include parent signatures).
- Application fee: $100.00 payable to The Piedmont School
- A recent photograph of your child
- Teacher Information: (please submit one letter from each current teacher)
- Reports of cognitive, academic and psychological assessments: (assessments must be completed within the past 18 months)
- Recent treatment plans and progress reports for support services: speech-language therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, etc., where applicable
- School records: your child’s current school records can be mailed or emailed to us from the child’s current school, including a copy of the most recent report card/progress report, IEP, standardized test scores, attendance/discipline record, Health record, Immunization record. Please give the enclosed Child Records Release form to your child’s current school –records MUST be sent directly to us from your child’s current school.
- Authorization for Information Release form: should include the professionals who know your child well
Kindly submit all application materials to Catherine Trapani, Ph.D., Head of School, The Piedmont School of Atlanta 4484 Peachtree Road Atlanta, GA 30319
Once all of the materials have been received they will be reviewed in approximately 2 weeks. If the Committee approves the application, children will be invited for an interview.
We would like this process to be as efficient and pleasant as possible. Please don’t hesitate to contact Dr. Trapani directly if you have any questions. She may be reached by phone at 404-382-8200 or e-mail all admissions related questions to Admissions@tpsoa.org.